NLP Tool Box System - Self help Improvement
Self help Improvement The NLP Tool Box System A self improvement 'System' showing you how to obtain success and total financial independence.
One of the most important and useful aspects of using NLP to master yourself is in the art of creating resource states. Resource states are states of mind that can be used to positively re-program your past, present and future.
One of the classic uses in NLP is for programming a state of confidence into your future. Most adults have experienced a profound sense of confidence at some stage in their life. It’s all about self help improvement.
Maybe it only lasted a few seconds and was many years ago. This is fine. The beauty of NLP allows us to capture that wonderful resource and create more of that state, and place it exactly where we desire!
The amount of different useful states of mind is vast and the fact is we hardly ever tap into these 'hidden resources.' Resource states include; Confidence, Creativity, Relaxation, Playfulness, Concentration, Perseverance, Ecstasy.... and many others?
Here are a couple of examples to clarify what I am getting at:
Have you ever read a book that made you feel really inspired? Where could you use that? How about programming that state into your workplace? Do you compose music? Or give a sales pitch?
Can you remember or imagine a time being in nature, surrounded by mellow shades of green with soft sounds of birds in the distance and a close by stream. Where could you use that state of tranquility?
And now to the actual technique
Treat yourself to 10 - 15 minutes to do this the first time. As you practice the technique more you'll be able to achieve good results in less time....
Program A Resource State Into A Future Situation
1. Think of a resource state you want more of in a future situation. (Joy, Ecstasy, Fun, Creativity, Confidence, Compassion etc.)
2. Relax down into a trance. (Use whatever you want to go into a relaxed state. e.g. Deep breathing, self-hypnosis, meditation techniques.) The more relaxed you become the more powerful the rest of the exercise will be, so enjoy becoming more relaxed.
3. Remember a time you felt the chosen resource state strongly. Or imagine a situation in the future that would allow you to feel that resource state. NOTE: There are several tips in the NLP Toolbox Book to help you remember better.
4. Fully associate into the experience and see what you saw at the time, hear what you heard and feel those feelings. Make the colors brighter, turn up the sounds and amplify the feelings. Anchor this feeling by squeezing your finger and thumb together.
5. Notice where those feelings are in your body. What color would you give these feelings? Imagine spreading that color / feeling up and down your body, amplifying the feelings. When the feelings are amplified, again squeeze your finger and thumb together to capture that feeling.
6. Break state. (Look around the room or remember your phone number.)
7. Test Anchor: Squeeze your finger and thumb together. If you have done the above steps correctly you should feel those feelings coming back. Congratulate yourself (This is very useful as it re-enforces the idea in your mind that you can do these exercises and they will become even easier to do!)
8. Here's a great tip they do not often tell you in NLP books. Treat yourself self help and self help improvement and make a 'Super Resource State'? Go back to step one and stack another state on top of the first one. Squeeze the same finger and thumb together! Cool or what? (Example: Confidence AND Creativity.)
9. Now think of a specific situation where this supreme resource state would be useful.
10. Imagine what you will see/hear just before you want this state to kick in. Example: The boss's door, the eye's of a specific member of the opposite sex, a blank painting canvas, a tennis ball etc. Self help improvement will change your life.
11. Now fire the resource anchor by squeezing your finger and thumb together whilst imagining being in the chosen situation, unfolding as you desire it too.
Well done, you can now look forward to that future situation even more. Where else and how else can you use the above technique? (Hint: The possibilities are virtually unlimited!) Did you know that self help improvement could be fun?
Each time you practice the technique with another resource state/situation you will condition your mind to make the procedure even easier next time. Remember it is all about self help improvement start now.
About the Author
Colin G Smith is a licensed Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and author of 'The NLP Toolbox', a personal development book that enables the reader to master any area of their life with amazing speed. start self help improvement today.
Complete information on Colin G Smith's books are available at his website, including a FREE personal development Course.